Heavy Vehicle Mechanic.
WFDM is seeking to Employ a Full-Time heavy vehicle mechanic.
The selected candidate is to have a good attitude and must be a responsible individual, with a great work ethic, and a technical person.
The Role of the heavy vehicle mechanic will be:
– Diagnose the chassis system, which consists of the air conditioning, supply and power, transmission, coolant systems, suspensions, brake systems, and air systems.
– Conduct diagnostics on vehicle mechanical failures and events, as well as remedial and preventive maintenance work.
– Effectively handle mechanics’ general maintenance, service, and repair tasks.
– Ensure that bus diagnostics and repairs adhere to regulatory standards, are trustworthy, and are safe.
– Complete any job-related paperwork, such as job cards, to ensure complete traceability.
– Send the storeroom work orders and follow up on outstanding requests.
– Keeping the equipment andtools assigned in good and useable condition by maintaining and storing them properly.
– Comply with the team leader’s directions.
– As needed, instruct and support semi-skilled mechanics.
– Collaborate closely with the other mechanics, electricians, panel beaters, and staff members in the workshop.
– Ensuring that the workspace, tools, and handling of hazardous wastes are always clean and organized.
– Comply with all established policies and procedures, including those related to quality assurance, security, health and safety, and data protection.
– Complete any additional responsibilities that management may assign or assign to others.
Requirements must include:
– A post-secondary degree.
– Three (3) years of experience working in diesel engine maintenance and repair for trucks and buses.
– Intermediate verbal and written skills in Maltese, English, or Spanish.
– Ability to work in a team and on one’s own initiative.
– Must be organized and able to coordinate and communicate well with others.
– Must possess problem-solving abilities.
– Required to work a roster-based 8-hour shift, including nights, for a total of 40 hours a week, 5 days a week between Monday and Sunday.