Gas Truck Driver
We are looking for a qualified gas truck driver with an excellent driving record. You’ll be responsible for operating and maintaining the vehicles we’ll give you, as well as coordinating closely with your supervisor and making deliveries to other local companies.
It’s necessary to have a C license or local commercial driver’s license. Candidates must pass a drug and alcohol test and have a spotless driving record in order to be selected.
- Load/unload gas cylinders.
- Knowledge of fire safety measures.
- Record deliveries.
- Refuel and wash the truck.
- Inform the dispatcher of any traffic issues.
- Observe the traffic laws.
- Examine trucks and note any problems.
- Observe accident protocols.
- Log your activities and hours in a log.
- Inform maintenance professionals of any mechanical issues.
- Utilize a GPS system to plan routes.
- Delivering cylinders to the customer on schedule and at doorstep/ inside if required.
- Keep a positive outlook when dealing with consumers.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) and with company policies and procedures.
- Plan best route options
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents, or violations
- Performing pre- and post-trip vehicle inspection reports
- Securing cylinders properly, arranging and balancing it within the vehicle.
- Obeying and following applicable traffic laws
- Communicating and coordinating with dispatchers
- Class C or other commercial driver’s licenses are required for truck drivers.
- Must have clean police conduct
- A spotless driving record is required.
- Diploma from high school
- Experience working in a similar field is a must
Job Category: Heavy Duty Driver
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malta