WFDM is looking for a Gardener to install and maintain the flowers, trees, and green spaces on the property.
Gardener responsibilities include monitoring the health of all plants and greenspaces, watering and feeding plants, trimming trees and shrubs, fertilizing and mowing lawns, weeding gardens, and keeping green spaces and walkways clear of debris and litter. You should know how to use and maintain landscaping equipment, including mowers, trimmers, and fertilizers while following health and safety regulations.
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform essential maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
- Service all garden equipment and machinery.
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports.
- Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, seed sowing, bed preparation and planting
- Prune trees and hedges in ways that help the plants’ health, are safe and look good.
- To be aware of Health and Safety requirements noting that all duties must be carried out to comply with current Health & Safety at Work legislation.
- Pruning and cutting hedges.
WFDM started in Malta back in 2020 just before the pandemic immersed in our daily lives. The company was started as a transport and catering provider, however having such a significant influx of business, extraordinary recruitment procedures, and growth, the managing director and UBO have taken the decision to position the company as a temping agency for recruitment matters seeing how many people are without jobs and how many employers are struggling to recruit. WFDM’s outsourcing methods proved to be working and the company grew from a 1 man army to 200+ employees.