WFDM is looking for a courteous and professional banquet waiter responsible for greeting, assisting, and serving guests at special functions and events. The banquet server will help with event planning, preparation, and cleaning up, serve guests, and respond to questions, complaints, and requests.
Banquet waiter Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests as they enter a venue and helping them to find their seats.
- Welcome the guests with a smile and Service with a SMILE
- Seeing guests’ comfort by answering questions, taking orders, conveying special instructions to the kitchen and bar, and serving food and beverages.
- Supporting other staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Must have a flexible schedule to work mornings, nights, and/or weekends
- Being courteous and gracious with the ability to function in a busy environment.
- Review and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) or Event Plans at the beginning of each shift to ensure banquets are set as per the customer’s request.
- Be in communication with the Banquet Captain regarding any special needs.
- Properly open and pour wine at the table side.
- Good knowledge of the rules of Banquet Beverage Control and service.
- Prepare tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, dessert tables/carts, and cordial carts.
- Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- If there are no upcoming events, please have banquets always in a readiness position for any possible site inspections.
WFDM started in Malta back in 2020 just before the pandemic immersed in our daily lives. The company was started as a transport and catering provider, however having such a significant influx of business, extraordinary recruitment procedures, and growth, the managing director and UBO have taken the decision to position the company as a temping agency for recruitment matters seeing how many people are without jobs and how many employers are struggling to recruit. WFDM’s outsourcing methods proved to be working and the company grew from a 1 man army to 200+ employees.