Food Factory Handler
Our innovative and growing company (WFDM) is looking to fill the role of food factory handler. Food factory handler works in a variety of settings, working with unpackaged foods and beverages before they are made available to consumers.
Responsibilities for the food factory handler :
• Audit delivery trucks for temperature, cleanliness and overall condition.
• Audit pallets for quality of pallet, product, temperature and stacking method.
• Notify vendor of damaged items received or items that are incorrect received.
• Receive supplies and equipment, sign appropriate documents indicating receipt, compare product against invoice and handles any discrepancies.
• Track all necessary invoices and receive documents, delivering these to appropriate person for payment and track purposes.
• Inventory all dry storage, chemical storage, freezer and cooler storage before placing vendor orders.
• Monitor all temperatures of storage areas including dry storage, coolers and freezers.
• Monitor and keep food service product and materials inventory to their given par levels.
• Transfer materials received from skids/pallets to the proper location using proper body mechanics and lifting equipment, as warranted.
• Rotate placement of stock items on the shelves according to expiration dates for inventory turnover purposes, ensuring the oldest product is used first according to expiration dates.
Qualifications for food factory handler :
• Preferred to see 1 year+ of warehousing experience.
• Teamwork is one of our values and critical to everyone’s success.
• Solid work attendance in your current/previous job.
• Previous experience driving delivery trucks for commercial purposes preferred.
We appreciate you taking the time to review the list of qualifications and to apply for the position. If you don’t fit all of the qualifications, you may still be considered depending on your level of experience.
WFDM started in Malta back in 2020 just before the pandemic immersed in our daily lives. The company was started as a transport and catering provider, however having such a significant influx of business, extraordinary recruitment procedures, and growth, the managing director and UBO have taken the decision to position the company as a temping agency for recruitment matters seeing how many people are without jobs and how many employers are struggling to recruit. WFDM’s outsourcing methods proved to be working and the company grew from a 1 man army to 200+ employees