Kitchen HelperWe are looking for a hardworking and dedicated individual to work with us as a Kitchen Helper. You will be responsible for helping in keeping the kitchen areas and equipment clean throughout your shift. You will also be responsible for assisting in basic food preparation. As a Kitchen Helper, you should possess excellent knowledge of food safety standards and procedures. You should also have an understanding of general kitchen operations and food storage guidelines. To perform this job role, you should have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time efficiently.Responsibilities
- Preparing the food ingredients as requested by the Chef.
- Ensuring all the vegetables and meats are fresh.
- Helping in unloading the food deliveries.
- Cleaning the kitchen station all the time.
- Washing the dishes and utensils.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Making sure the kitchen equipment are well cleaned after use.
- Stocking the food items properly in the cold storage.
- Checking the inventory levels and reporting to the Kitchen Manager.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Collecting dirt and debris after a regular interval of time.
- Emptying the dustbins at the end of the shift.
- Sanitizing the kitchen utensils and plates.
- Maintaining proper sanitation of the kitchen.
- Following all food safety and hygiene standards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Past experience as a Kitchen Helper, or a related job position in the Hospitality department.
- Knowledge of the National Occupational Standards for Kitchen Helper.
- Ability to communicate efficiently.
- Ability to work in a high temperature working environment.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Outstanding manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Ability to anticipate problems and deal with them quickly and smartly
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Active listening abilities.
- Willingness to work during weekends, and public holidays.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects.
Job Category: Kitchen Helper
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Malta